1. Go to bed 15 minutes earlier, or rise 15 minutes later. (Most of us need more sleep than we get.)
2. Send a text to a friend you don’t see often. (Say, “I thought of you today.”)
3. Eat an apple. (Your body will thank you.)
4. List 5 positive traits about a person who drives you crazy today. (Put it in writing.)
5. Download an old song you love and listen to it. (Do it for sheer enjoyment.)
6. Drive the speed limit. (You’ll enjoy the stress-free drive if you’re not in a hurry.)
7. Skip TV for this one day. (Reading is a dandy substitute.)
8. Pet an animal. (You might have to borrow one.)
9. Stare out the window for 5 minutes – twice. (Think through your blessings.)
10. Give someone you care about the gift of eye contact. (Listen carefully without distraction.)
Do it for just one day. See how it feels. Try it again next week.
Simple steps can make a significant difference.